Scout Active Support is for anyone over the age of 18 years. It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining. All that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in Volunteering on specific projects or activities without a commitment at a Section Meeting each week.
Chris Taylor, our Deputy County Commissioner for Active Support, has overall responsibility for Active Support projects within the County. The Unit Coordinator is responsible for each Unit and coordinates activity between the members of each Unit and wider Scouting.
We currently have 6 County Scout Active Support Units (SASU’s), focussed on providing support in the following specific areas.
- Our County Activities Scout Active Support Unit allows us to deliver yet more activities, events and opportunities in our programme. Membership of the unit is open to anyone with an interest in supporting County activities in any way. Those members with National Governing Body qualifications and Scout authorisation can assist running the activities; those members without Scout authorisation can support events.
- To become a member please email our County Activities Scout Active Support Unit Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
County HQ Building SASU
- We are lucky enough to own a County Head Quarters building in Middleton, that has several meeting rooms, accommodation for 30 and outdoors areas for activities including Crate Climbing and soft archery. Our Building Team will help with day to day tasks to maintain the building, as well has help plan for its development to serve Scouting into the future. Chris Welden, our Unit Coordinator is looking to build a team of like-minded people to bring the County building into the 21st century.
- The Unit can teach new skills, if you can offer the time or even just making a brew for the team to help provide more activities and better indoor facilities at County HQ so if you want to be part of this team please get in touch – email@example.com
Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme SASU
- Our Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme Unit is made up of volunteers interested in supporting delivery of the D of E Award Scheme, including Expeditions. The Unit has laid on training courses for Expedition Assessors and Supervisors and is always looking for more people interested in this area of the Scout Programme.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The IT Unit is made up of volunteers with an interest in IT and how it can support Scouting across the County. In recent years, the County has invested in IT systems, including Websites, Email and Calendars, in addition to support for Section Leaders.
- For more information please contact email@example.com
- The Media Unit is made up of volunteers with an interest in Media and how it can support Scouting across the County. The Unit can provide training and support to Adult Volunteers across the County as well as support for individual events.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Project Unit is made up of volunteers with a more general interest in volunteering and providing support to Scouting across the County. This can range from support for individual events to specific areas of the Scout Programme.
- For more information please contact email@example.com